Survey Instrument Operator
June 26, 2022
The Instrument Person will:
- Be responsible for assisting the survey crew chief in the performance of property surveys and construction staking activities.
- Be accountable to operate with attention to accuracy, thoroughness and in compliance with required safety procedures.
- Operate industry standard survey equipment to include robotic total stations, data collectors, GPS and other types of survey data collection equipment. The operator will also be responsible for protecting and maintaining the equipment and field vehicle being utilized.
- Accurately and efficiently collect field survey data and set survey markers while working on a variety of survey project assignments.
- Adhere to the company’s safe operating procedures as outlined in the Company’s Safety Manual.
- Must be physically agile and mobile in and around active construction sites.
- Must be able and willing to physically transport survey equipment and associated supplies in typical Arizona weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and walk long distances on a regular basis.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One (1) year of experience in land survey field operations and exposure to the proper use of land survey equipment (total stations) and GPS.
- Must have a valid, unrestricted driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Comfortable working at heights and on water bodies.
- Personnel are often asked to work certain project tasks unaccompanied.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- A Team player mentality with a positive attitude is required.
- Ability to travel and remain on a project site for several days at a time.
- Prior experience working outdoors in a team focused environment.
- Has a thoughtful and analytical problem solver approach to challenging work assignments.
- Has received an Associate Degree in Surveying or Engineering Technology.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your resume to HR@Terrascape.us